My client, a US listed technology company based in the city with a turnover in excess of $1bn, is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for their European headquarters. This role is responsible for the management of the European financial systems and reporting process, including consolidated financial reports and other legal entity compliance matters as a whole for all companies within Europe.
- Maintain effective coordination between Corporate Accounting and the Management Reporting team to ensure that all reporting is appropriately aligned and consistent with Group policies.
- Develop consolidated reports through the use of SAP, Hyperion, Essbase, LINK and any other systems used across Europe.
- Monitor and ensure all local tax compliance across Europe is met. Assess the risk and impact of non-compliance to the business as a whole.
- Create and maintain Intercompany and Transfer Pricing agreements.
- Oversee and coordinate group and local audits across Europe and act as main contact for UK.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of group and local Financial Statements, ensure local filings are reconciled back to US GAAP within Head Office deadlines.
- Maintain Balance Sheet reporting system; ensure consistency and compliance across all regions.
- Prepare monthly consolidated Balance Sheet Analysis.
- Develop and maintain transactional and compliance KPI report.
- Project accounting and other ad-hoc reporting as and when required by head office.
- Ensure that month end/ quarter end reporting is completed accurately and on time
- Experienced Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong, practical technical accounting knowledge of UK, US and European local GAAP
- Working knowledge and understanding of SOX compliance and controls
- Strong Excel skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to inspire confidence and communicate technical issues to non-accountants
- Ability to persuade, convince or influence others
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to the business, assess implications and suggest appropriate solutions
- Proven track record of analytical skills
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.