User Interface (UI) Designer (Perm) £55k +Benefits (Manchester)
User Interface (UI) Designer (Perm) £55k +Benefits
We have a very promising opportunity for a UI Designer to join a highly reputable Global law firm in Manchester, our client offers a fast paced and rapidly growing environment. The successful candidate will be joining the firm at a key stage in the development of what is going to be an Innovation centre supporting the client's global online platform.
To support to the global firm using established processes and procedures, a significant amount of time will be focused on ensuring consistent and high quality work.
Essential Technical Skills
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Basic understanding of Server Side pre-processing platforms;
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image;
- Java and Object Oriented languages;
- HTML5, CSS, Responsive Design, Bootstrap UI;
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XPATH and XML Schemas;
- Undertakes complete UI design of simple applications using simple templates and tools.
- Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems.
- Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows
- Support with designs, usability testing to improve user experience
- Makes technical changes to quality and environmental standards according to documented procedures
- Ensures the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develops new user-facing features
- Enhances accessibility of existing web applications
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies; Ektron CMS, Episerver, NodeJS, Aloha;
Nunit or any Unit Testing framework