Training and Brand Excellence Advisor
AMT opened in 1992 with a mission to make the best cup of coffee in the UK, quickly and with a smile. Two decades on and still independently owned, we have over 50 coffee bars across the UK and Ireland, 400 customer driven employees and a head office in Knightsbridge.
We serve 20,000 customers every day, following the same mission statement as when AMT was created and continue to give customers a personalised service and a delicious product range, without compromising on quality or value.
About the Role
This role will be predominantly field based, looking after our sites in the south of England. The primary focus of the role is to assist the Operations team to deliver the AMT Coffee missionthrough our genuinely customer focussed AMT'eams.
You will act as an Ambassador for AMT Coffee and will be responsible for increasing brand awareness and quality in all areas by leading, motivating and enthusing the resident Bar teams to maximise every sales opportunity. You will be passionate about standards and developing people to achieve their full potential.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an expert in AMT Coffee’s Brand Standards and coaching others to achieve Brand Excellence
- Tracking training within your area and reporting back each period to the Training Manager
- Assisting Bar Managers in the training & completion of Training Handbooks with their team
- Helping with New Bar Openings and relaunching upgraded Bars
- Responsible for promotional activity: launching seasonal products, sampling new products, driving new customers to AMT and training others in your area to sample effectively
- Completing unbiased Brand Excellence Audits each period in your Area and reporting back to the Training Manager
- Driving great recruitment and strong retention - working closely with the HR department and Operations team and assist in the recruitment of a strong, customer driven and an enthusiastic Bar employee workforce aligned to AMT’s mission
- Conducting On Shift Trials with potential team members
- Conducting accurate and concise HR investigations, disciplinary and note taking as and when required
- Drive Bar KPI’s in collaboration with the Bar Managers
- Work in collaboration with the Area Managers to establish succession planning and the ever-evolving talent bank within their area
- Take part in the Area Meetings as required
Do you want to be part of the AMT’eam? We believe our people are the best asset we have and are the heart of the company.
To excel as our Purchasing Assistant, you will be very organised. You will have excellent communication and negotiating skills, and the ability to work with employees at all levels across the business.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced retail, multi-site business
- Flexibility to travel or change your rota at short notice
Personal attributes and skills:
- Strong people and leadership skills- able to motivate, enthuse and inspire the resident teams
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way
- Committed to upholding professional standards
- Good commercial awareness with a strong drive to deliver results
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight timescales when necessary
- Flexible, creative and resourceful
- Excellent communication and cross-cultural communication skills, with the ability to identify learning styles and adapts to ensure trainees get the most out of any session
- Confident to deliver presentations and working with key stakeholders across the business
- Experience in HR
- Experience of working within the Coffee industry
- Food Training Qualification
In return for your hard work and dedication to AMT Coffee we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, so if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We want to hear from you.