Business Development Manager
Backed by investment, our client provides the industry’s leading solution to the issues of cross-platform advertising, allowing creative advertisements to be distributed seamlessly across multiple devices and screen sizes from mobile, desktop and digital outdoor.
Our client’s platform empowers many publishers and agencies to create, distribute and monitor campaigns using its technology in a way that is cost-effective, digitally enhanced and measurable in real-time.
Our client is now looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team. This individual needs to bring experience selling to and creating relationships with publishers and advertising/media agencies.
Key responsibilities will include digital technology sales into all sectors of the digital media economy. The position will reward those who can approach it with strategic sales thinking, an ability to plan and execute flawlessly, tenacity, teamwork, and numbers driven results orientation.
Specific activities will include:
- Leadership & coordination of their sales growth, specifically with publishers, media agencies and creative agencies
- Development of key sales strategies, market segmentation and client prioritisation
- Account planning and prospecting
- Collaboration with the Business & Client Development teams
- help prioritise feature and functionality requests and provide corresponding justification to the product team as an input into product direction
- Attending key networking events
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years within the media industry selling to AGENCIES and PUBLISHERS is a MUST
- Must have a great understanding of the advertising industry landscape
- Proven track record of exceeding all revenue target set
- Ability to meet with C Level Executives and pitch a product to them face to face
- Skilled at developing and qualifying leads to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling, networking, and other lead generation opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Professional demeanour, trustworthy, comfortable engaging with senior executives as needed.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful - not afraid to pick up the phone and close a sale.
- PC literate [Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint], experience with Salesforce highly advantageous.