Deputy Financial Controller
Our FE College is looking to recruit a Deputy Head for Finance and Corporate Services. The post is offered on a permanent basis and will commence September 2017.
About the Client
A thriving, specialist land based and sports college that provides further and higher education courses with significant employer engagement and commercial activity.
With campuses across the North West region, the College is rated as very good for financial health, and outstanding for financial management.
Reporting directly to the Principal and Chief Executive, your main duties and responsibilities will include;
- To act as deputy for the Chief Executive & Principal across the whole spectrum of activities
- To lead the strategic financial planning and budget setting process
- Have direct responsibility for the management and operational staff associated with finance, corporate services, commercial activities, catering, residency, data management and reporting
- To provide positive leadership by creating a dynamic, supportive and innovative environment that encourages commitment to the college and the achievement of high standards of performance
- Ensure the College maintains strong financial health and management
- Ensure the College meets all financial and legal responsibilities
- Act as Risk Champion
- Lead and motivate staff so that all areas of responsibility contribute positively to student and staff experience and the achievement of the strategic plan
- Ensure provision of effective administrative support across the college campuses
- Undertake investigations into complaints, grievances and disciplinary actions
- Undertake staff appraisals as appropriate
- To promote a cross College approach in all activities and initiatives
- Support and develop the strategic and operational plans for the College
- Lead policy development in light of Government, funding or other Stakeholder priorities Develop strategies for all areas of responsibility
- Ensure the development of entrepreneurial activities within the College to grow student numbers, increase and diversify sources of income
The Successful Applicant
As Deputy Head for Finance and Corporate Services your experience must include;
- Experience of staff leadership and management
- Translating a vision and aims into a plan of action with agreed milestones
- Experience or knowledge of financial requirements within a publicly funded education environment
- Ability to understand that educational improvement is the driver and the challenges this creates working within limited budgets
- Resilience with the ability to handle high pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to make and justify difficult decisions
- Strong systems and data analysis skills
- Overall you will be able to demonstrate a track record of astute financial leadership, commercial decision making, effective team management and the ability to influence a range of stakeholders across all levels of an organisation.
To apply please submit your CV and a member of the permanent recruitment team will contact you.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.