BI Developer / SQL Server / SSIS
BI Developer / SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and Investment Company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,179 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £101 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced BI Developer to join our team based in Edinburgh. Working closely with the business and as part of the wider BI Development team you will support the existing BI solutions and make changes when required to support business requirements in line with company development, implementation standards and project management methodology. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite of tools and an excellent track record with SQL Server development.
Supporting the BI solution ensuring that :
- Support the existing BI solutions by monitoring ETL processes and changes in performance and data behaviour
- Working closely with the business stakeholders in efficiently resolving issues
- Analysis and design of software changes and new functionality, collaborating effectively with internal resources and relevant business stakeholders
- Deliver software changes as required by the business and outlined in project plans
- Conduct unit, system and integration testing of software changes working closely with the test team
- Contribute to the smooth implementation of software changes and new functionality into production environments
- Sharing technical knowledge and experience with less experienced developers
- Production of relevant documentation in accordance with RL development standards
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Excellent skills in at least Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Excellent skills in supporting changes to ETL processes in at least Microsoft SSIS 2012
- Proficient in TSQL and Stored Procedures
- Creating and deploying reports using SSRS
- Experience in using Microsoft Team Foundation Server or similar tools
- Proven experience of working in a support team
- Excellent communication skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Configuring, deploying, and maintaining database servers
- Experience in data insight tools such as Tableau is an advantage
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. For any further queries regarding the role, please contact or please call .