Java Developer - Data, Google Cloud, Agile
Senior Java Developer - Data, Google Cloud, Agile
I have a role working with a global, online gaming company who are now looking for a Senior Java Developer with a very keen interest in all things data and Big Data related.
As the successful Java Developer, you will be responsible for the handling server-side development of a distributed Google applications and writing clear, efficient and tested code. You will also develop code as part of a wider team, contributing to code review and solution design.
This Senior Java Developer will be working in a team using the Scrum/Kanban methodology and get to work with massive, large data sets to learn and apply the latest big data technologies on a fast, cutting-edge technology like the Google Big Data platform.
The skills and experience the successful Java Developer will bring are as follows:
- Strong Java experience (Core Java)
- Strong knowledge of OOP
- SQL and are familiar with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Agile software engineering practices and tools; TDD, Continuous Integration etc.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Any Data knowledge and experience is highly beneficial as you will be involved with developing data loading/ETL processes for their Google Big Data Platform
- Hands-on Google Cloud Platform: Dataflow, BigQuery, and Pub/Sub or Hadoop echosystem experience: Hbase, Hive, Spark.
- Commercial experience with Linux.
This Senior Java Developer with a data focus will pay anything up to £65,000 per annum + a 10% bonus and a great benefits package so, if this sounds like it could suit what you're looking for - Send me, Damien Ollerhead, a copy of your CV and I can be in touch with all the details.
Check out our Jobs Page for more like this.
At Hanover we believe in "greater digital recruitment".
We value being Transparent, Consultative, Innovative and Personable.