My client, a Software company based in Colchester are looking to bring on an excellent Network Engineer to provide management control, implementation and maintenance of all company network infrastructure and equipment that support Business Units operating in Colchester.
- Responsible for the maintaining of operating systems loaded on appliances and ensuring compliance with latest releases and patches
- Responsible for the daily analysis of log files, intrusion reports, network statistics and conducting change control requests
- Analyze client needs in regard to hardware, software and communications. Making specific recommendations to management within budgetary and management guidelines
- Communicate hardware/software requirements to management for discussion and analysis
- Co-ordinates installation of hardware and software with clients, vendors, and other supporting staff to coincide with receipt of equipment
- Configures and maintains firewalls, switches and routers
- Thoroughly testing all systems prior to client interaction
- Install and maintain operating systems for network appliances including migrating to new OS releases and loading patches
- Keep LAN / WAN / Firewall systems current in terms of equipment and software upgrades
- Maintain all networking documentation so it is accurate and current
- Proven experience in a commercial environment where Cisco networking was your primary role.
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required or similar certifications with relevant experience such as Network+ or Check Point.
- Proven experience in IT support, network administration and system design on medium-large LAN/WAN systems
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN related problems/issues
- Thorough Cisco IOS routing and switching experience including Meraki, ASA and Nexus devices
- Experience of supporting Check Point or other enterprise firewalls
- Experience of network management and monitoring systems, i.e. Cacti, SmokePing, MRTG
- Experience of Voice over IP systems, i.e. Interactive Intelligence, Polycom, AudioCodes
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.