Corporate Tax Manager - Top 10 Firm
A Top 10 firm located near Tower Hill are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their high-achieving, high profile Corporate Tax Team. They offer a challenging yet supportive working environment and a highly competitive, flexible remuneration package.
The purpose of the role will be to work closely with Tax Partners, Directors and other Managers to deliver tax advisory services to large corporate clients with a consistently high quality of service whilst continuing to build your own knowledge and expertise
Duties will include:
- Project managing the delivery of tax advisory services to clients on large scale projects including:
- Day-to-day lead of the Project team for tax advice on engagements;
- Provisions and co-ordination of technical advice;
- Ensuring delivery of high quality written tax advice in a timely manner;
- Managing client relationships directly with key client stakeholders, regular attendance at Project meetings and representing clients as their advisors to other parties on Projects.
- Review and preparation of advanced clearances to HMRC;
- Identifying practical tax issues and provision of mitigation strategies.
- Leading and co-ordinating teams on tax due diligence assignments across different tax service lines, as well as different offices (both national and international).
- Oversight and management of a part of the growing portfolio of corporate tax compliance clients providing of a high quality service, including Involvement in written negotiations on HMRC enquiries.
- Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the compliance client portfolio.
- Working with Project/Corporate Finance team to deliver tax assurance in relation to Financial Models.
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of corporation and business tax, financial reporting requirements and related matters.
- CTA qualified
- Substantial post-qualified experience
- Experience of working on cross border projects (desirable)
- Relevant Corporation Tax experience (not necessarily Infrastructure specific)
- Good working knowledge of business income taxes
- Good foundation in accounting and statutory reporting
- Strong team player who will also act as a positive role model to the rest of the team
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Highly organised with a proven track record of project management
- Familiar and adept with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent numeracy and written skills
- Adaptable, organised with a particularly commercial and creative approach
- Able to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
- Able to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships
- Able to demonstrate and show an appreciation of risk management issues
- Able to contribute to business proposals and to pursue new opportunities with Partners/Directors
- Flexible; 'pitching in’ to support clients/team, some travelling required and working outside of normal office hours when necessary.
The firm is offering an excellent, flexible, remuneration package, making this a fantastic opportunity
If you are interested in this Corporate Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers