Production Support Analyst - WIndows, T-SQL, ITIL - To £50k
Production Support Analyst - London - Windows, T-SQL - ITIL, Payment Processing - To £50,000.
A Production Support Analyst is required by one of the country's most innovative Fintech businesses. The company is expanding rapidly and thriving with new business opportunities. As such they are looking to expand their service capabilities to 24x7.
As the Production Support Analyst, you will work as part of a team devoted to making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved in a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with key stakeholders to resolve technical problems through analysis, diagnosis and solution definition.
The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
The successful candidate will be Degree educated (Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline) and will demonstrate the following core skills and Experience:
- 5+ yrs experience as an Application/Production Support Analyst or similar role.
- Experience in a Windows based 24/7 environment including 1st/2nd line support
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Experience in writing and using transact-SQL queries
- Experience in a low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
- OpsView (Nagios)
- MS SQL/Windows
- Scripting/coding experience in Python or PowerShell.
- A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
- Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
- A great communicator
- Proven experience with several of the following
- Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs
- Internet security
- Java Frameworks
- IIS Server knowledge
- Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving payment processing
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.