Registered Mental Health Nurse
Registered Mental Health Nurses needed for a 62 bed modern, purpose built Care Centre in Sale, Gtr Manchester
We are currently working with a progressive chain of Care Centres, based across 3 x sites in the North West; Oldham, Sale and Warrington. They are looking to secure the services of experienced Registered Mental Health Nurses for a 62 bed modern, purpose built Care Centre in Sale, Greater Manchester.
Salary Competitive - Based on £14.50 per hour.
Hours Full time 40 hours per week
Shifts Day, Late, Long Day and Night shifts are available
Type Permanent Contract
The Care Centre offers a service to individuals, presenting with complex and challenging behaviours, who are difficult to engage in the rehabilitation/recovery process or to maintain their current level of functioning for as long as possible due to their symptoms of Mental Illness, Dementia or Acquired Brain Injury.
The 62 beds are split into 5 smaller clinical units of between 10 to 15 Residents.
Our client's multi-disciplinary team consists of a Consultant Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, Registered Nurses, Support Workers, Life Skills Staff, ancillary and administrative staff providing a skills base that exceeds the Care Quality Commissions requirements.
- Responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision
- To assist in leading and monitoring the performance and work of the nursing team and carer/support worker
- To regularly take charge of the unit & care centre as and when required
- To be vigilant of risks at all times and report accordingly
- Contribute to maintaining and improving standards of care
- To ensure that nursing practices within the work area comply with our client's policies and procedures
- To participate and assist in setting standards of service user care based on sound research findings
- To plan, organise and deploy staff according to competencies and work load in order to meet service user needs
- To participate and assist in systematic monitoring and evaluation of nursing practice
- To support the implementation and maintenance of team nursing by effective communication
- Act as a mentor/preceptor to junior nursing staff
- Assist in development, dissemination and application of research-based findings to nursing practice
- To assist in induction of the staff to the area
- To assist in unit audit
- To observe and implement all aspects of Safeguarding within the centre
- To maintain confidentiality of all information
- Communicate and liaise with all staff
- To be fully conversant and comply with current legislation/professional standards
- To ensure your own professional development is current and on-going
- To be involved in the on-going training/development of staff
- To maintain all areas of health and safety including all elements of infection prevention and control
- To be fully involved in the clinical supervision process
Benefits you will receive in position:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus and Incentives schemes - for example, additional leave is awarded for full attendance
- 5 weeks holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Indemnity Insurance is paid
- Length of Service Awards
- Healthy Meals are available onsite and subsidised
- Ample free parking on site
If you are interested to learn more or perhaps you know of a friend or colleague who would be suitable for this role. We offer a very attractive referral bonus scheme of £250 for each successful candidate awarded a placement.
Please call me; Kerry Fox, on for more details.