National Sales Manager Parts
This job description is a representation of general duties and responsibilities of the position and is liable to variation to reflect any future changes in the company's requirements
Key Job Responsibilities:-
1) To interpret customer requirements & effectively advise the correct products for customers applications.
2) Build a good technical understanding of our products & their applications.
3) Help identify changes & additions required to the product range & assist in selection of new products.
4) Assist with ongoing sales & marketing activities including email, website & printed material.
5) Produce month end sales reports.
6) Proactively contact customers to discuss requirements or gather market information.
7) Gather, store & maintain technical information for new & existing products.
8) Make suitable written quotations & follow up within agreed time frame.
9) Gather information on competitor products (technical features, prices, market/customer), update systems & share this information within the company.
10) Take warranty calls as backup to Product Support, log & analyse results & liaise with other departments to solve any issues.
11) Liaise with purchasing & operations team regarding stock shortages & urgent dispatches.
1) Answer incoming customer services lines.
2) Build good relationships with customers & suppliers.
3) Provide cover for Customer Services & Product Support during holiday & illness.
4) Enter & process orders, check profit, account, delivery addresses & any other issues as backup for Customer Services.
5) Liaise with accounts for new & existing customers, credit limits & payment terms.
6) Take end user enquiries, log & pass back to our customers/distributors & follow up within agreed time frame.
7) Use of PC packages to monitor, plan & communicate.
8) Co-operate & communicate with others to ensure maximum time efficiency.
9) Ensure you work to our ISO 9000 Quality System & comply with our Health, Safety & Environmental System.
10) Contribute ideas & suggestions to the future expansion of the company.
This is an office based role with occasional customer & supplier visits that would suit someone with business to business commercial experience and a mechanical aptitude. You should be comfortable talking to customers, end users, technicians and engineers on the phone, as well as interpreting requirements via email & in person.