STRATEGIC BUYER - HULL - PERMANENT - CIRCA £35,000 TO £45,000 PLUS BENEFITS
Stream is currently working with well-known Global Engineering manufacturers, who are looking to recruit an experienced Strategic Buyer to join their team in Hull on a permanent base.
The Strategic Buyer will primarily be responsible for supporting the creation of strategy and the supply chain function KPI's. As a strategic Buyer will be looking after the suppliers and ensure they have a full understanding of contract agreements.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in the creation of category strategy and action plans
- Supporting the supply chain function to optimise performance in spare parts and production
- Lead, support and participate in negotiations
- Analyse future demand trends to support sales, commercial and other involved functions
- Ensure quality, delivery and cost development of goods and services
- Support supplier selection and streamline current processes
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager and General Manager on current progress and escalate recurring issues
Applicants for the Strategic Buyer opportunity must have previous experience in a similar purchasing / buying role and must have some knowledge of working within an engineering or technical environment. Familiarity with ERP systems is essential, with SAP experience being highly beneficial. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a pro-active working approach and solid organisational ability.
On offer is a fantastic base salary, comprehensive benefits package (to include pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday and free parking on site) in addition to a highly positive, dynamic working environment.
This role will suit someone currently working as a Buyer or Lead Buyer or Strategic Buyer or Technical Buyer or Category Manager within an technical engineering or manufacturing business.
To apply for this role call Jodie Holmes on or e-mail your CV to