SQL Server 2012 Software Infrastructure Support
SQL Server Software Infrastructure Support
This organization is a run away success story and due to an internal promotion are looking for a key role in their cloud team. You will be managing the on-line product ensuring robust, secure and well maintained systems. You will also managed infrastructure projects including installation, upgrade, migration and maintenance in customer's environments and on the cloud.
* Managing conflicting demands of customer facing projects. This requires being flexible to work on multiple projects at any one time with shifting priorities and finite resources being available.
* Maintaining awareness of emerging development standards and practices, developments in programming techniques, new platforms and operating environments and the IT industry in general.
* The job holder must be able to work flexibly outside of normal working hours as business and client needs dictate. This may involve both national and international travel.
The ideal person will have
* Strong technical background in especially Microsoft technologies.
* SQL Server 2008 and 2012 (Essential) 2014 (Desirable)
* Strong understanding of T-SQL writing
* SQL server maintenance and troubleshooting -fragmentation maintenance plans
* sFTP programs such as FileZilla or winSCP
* WAN/LAN environment and terminology
* Good understanding of network architecture including Cloud based services
* Previous experience of working with Microsoft Azure is desirable
* Excellent communication skills
* Have a keen sense of urgency and take responsibility of incidents