1ST LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER
1ST Line Support Engineer
My client is currently looking for a 1st line support engineer based in their Technical Support Centre, which has recently just gone through a £1million refurbishment that has created a great environment to work in, with established professionals, great tech and an excellent career progression.
Primarily involved in responding and resolving technical calls. These calls will then be owned by the Service desk and will require constant management with regards to regular updates ensuring a resolution.
Working within a focused team, the individual must be highly motivated and responsive to customer needs. The individual will need to work closely with the other Service desk team members and the TSC Management, to ensure customers receive the highest level of service from the company.
You will be working with a successful team in a helpdesk based in environment. This is a phone based role where you will have the following responsibilities:
- To ensure that all calls to the Service Desk from our customers are logged and responded to within pre-set service levels.
- Identify relevant problem types and associated priorities
- Verify information back to the customer on the call details ensuring that all the relevant information is entered into the call logging system in a clear and concise format
- If necessary, progress calls to other departments or third parties for further investigation ensuring regular updates and working towards a prompt resolution
- To proactively monitor all calls keeping the customer, and when necessary the TSC Management, informed at all times through to resolution
- Undertake proactive calls to make customers aware of known issues before they have to call the Service desk
- To play an active role within the Service desk team remaining flexible to support others during busy periods
- Actively strive to improve technical ability by self-study, organised in-house training and attendance of external courses
- Experience With Exchange, Active Directory, Windows Server, TCP/IP, General Network troubleshooting, desktop troubleshooting.
- Must have good computer hardware and software knowledge
- Excellent telephone manner.