My client, a global Law Firm, are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer on a permanent basis in Birmingham. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the planning, coordination, engineering and implementation of the development activities across the business applications. The Software Engineer will be proficient in programming languages and data structures. The Software Engineer will work with a range of technologies to support the business and be responsible for the analysis and translation of requirements into technical solutions. The development will involve a broad range of technologies from web development, scripting languages, cloud services and mobile application development.
- Schedule, and perform application software improvements and upgrades.
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications, including cross platform mobile applications
- Evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness and adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary.
- Assist with problem determination and resolution efforts when operational issues with application integration solutions arise.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of the firm's business applications as necessary.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Proven hands-on Microsoft .Net Software Development experience
- Experience working with enterprise business applications.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Microsoft technologies
- Experience with cloud technologies, principally Microsoft Azure
- Experience developing cross platform mobile applications with Microsoft technologies and Xamarin
- Experience with developing and maintaining solutions for Microsoft SharePoint (including Office 365/SharePoint Online)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
If the role is of interest please submit your CV in the first instance.