An exciting Category Manager/ Buyer opportunity is available with a leading B2B and B2C retailer to help them on their exciting growth and transformation journey managing the core category functions of product ranging, sourcing, availability and cost price management.
- Category management/buying experience, ideally for an on-line retailer.
- You have previously built a range or conducted a range review including the re-sourcing of categories, finding new suppliers, analysis, selection to implementation stage.
- You have used market knowledge and insight to inform your strategy and decision making.
- You are experienced in dealing with suppliers and manufacturers directly.
- High level of commercial acumen
- Good negotiation and communication
- Data-driven with ability to accurately analyse data.
- Ability to present clear evidence-based proposals and decisions.
- Understanding of wider implications on customers / rest of the business in decision making.
- Good knowledge of the customer journey
You will need to be self-driven and results orientated, motivated to provide the best solutions to meet the customers’ needs. This is an entrepreneurial environment that is going though huge growth – a fantastic opportunity!