Registered Mental Health Nurse - Lead
Experienced Lead Nurses (MH) needed for a 62 bed modern, purpose built Care Centre in Sale, G.Manchester
We are currently working with a progressive chain of Care Centres, based across 3 x sites in the North West; Oldham, Sale and Warrington.
They are looking to secure the services of experienced Lead Nurses (MH) for a 62 bed modern, purpose built Care Centre in sale, Greater Manchester.
Salary Competitive -based on £16.25 p/h
Hours Full time 40 hours per week
Shifts Day, Late, Long Day and Night shifts are available
Type Permanent Contract
The Care Centre offers a service to individuals, presenting with complex and challenging behaviours, who are difficult to engage in the rehabilitation/recovery process or to maintain their current level of functioning for as long as possible due to their symptoms of Mental Illness, Dementia or Acquired Brain Injury.
The 62 beds are split into 5 smaller clinical units of between 10 to 15 service users.
Our client's multi-disciplinary team consists of a Consultant Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, Registered Nurses, Support Workers, Life Skills Staff, ancillary and administrative staff providing a skills base that exceeds the Care Quality Commissions requirements.
Benefits you will receive in position:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus and Incentives schemes - for example, additional leave is awarded for full attendance
- 5 weeks holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Indemnity Insurance is paid
- Length of Service Awards
- Healthy Meals are available onsite and subsidised
- Ample free parking on site
The post holder has overall management responsibility for a defined unit to ensure high standards of care. The post holder will manage all aspects of the designated area as a free standing healthcare enterprise. The post holder will motivate, inspire and enable the unit team to achieve targets and innovate new practices and services. This will be achieved through to provision of visible leadership and ensuring a high profile and presence on the unit area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coordinate the team to ensure all clinical services provided to the unit function effectively and efficiently to meet service user needs.
- Ensure clinical practice is in line with;
- Care Quality Commission standards
- Care Programme Approach guidelines
- The Mental Health Act and Code of Practice (1983)
- The Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Safeguarding requirements
- Ensure all Service Users have up to date care plans and risk assessments which address all aspects of need and are regularly reviewed and evaluated
- Enable and promote service user involvement
- Ensure compliance with the client's clinical audit programme and to formulate plans to address deficit
- Ensure all incidents are reported and subject to the appropriate review
- Ensure the unit has an accurate and regularly reviewed statement of purpose and service user guide
- Act as a point of contact for queries/complaints and coordinate responses as required
- First line management of designated staff. Ensure staff training attendance is up-to-date by nominating staff for training in line with training needs.
- Ensure all staff receive annual appraisals & documented supervision
- Performance, conduct and attendance of staff to be monitored and managed appropriately in line with the client's policies and procedures
- Regularly evaluate the staffing resource and identify any opportunities to improve efficiency
- To assist in;
- The recruitment and selection of nursing staff
- To assist in the development and dissemination and application of research based findings to nursing practice
- To be involved in the on-going training/development of staff
- To contribute to maintaining and improving standards of care
- To act as the on-call nurse for the care centre on a rota basis
- To provide & when required, receive clinical managerial supervision
If you are interested to learn more or perhaps you know of a friend or colleague who would be suitable for this role. We offer a very attractive referral bonus scheme of £250 for each successful candidate awarded a placement.
Please call me; Kerry Fox, on for more details.