Management Accountant FP&A
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a leading international insurer. They are looking for someone to join the business as a Management Accountant reporting in to the Senior Management Accountant. You will be part of the Planning and Forecasting team within FP&A, responsible for completion of the Group business plan and subsequent quarterly reforecasting, as well as production of management information (including Board reporting) to support Finance and senior management in monitoring and managing the business.
Key accountabilities will be to:
- Finance and senior management for the provision of high quality, value adding and robust management information.
- The other finance teams for management information input into the respective reporting streams e.g. Lloyd's, statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Underwriting divisions to provide finance information and answers to related queries.
- Regional and overseas offices.
- The communications team for collaboration on internal and external communications.
- External auditors and actuaries for provision of information, analysis and explanations.
- External stakeholders (e.g. ratings agencies, members agents and Lloyd's) for provision of ad-hoc information.
The role includes responsibility for:
- Producing and enhancing MI reports that accurately communicate the performance of the business and meet the needs of management.
- To take a significant role in the preparation of the annual business planning process for the Group, which involves liaising with senior management and stakeholders across the wider business, and delivering the consolidated plan to the Board and to Head Office.
- Preparing MI, analytical review and commentary supporting the plan and forecast results.
- Maintenance of the forecasting model used to prepare the business plan and subsequent reforecasts. Use the model to analyse and explain the quarterly forecasts. Implement appropriate internal checks and controls.
- Preparation of the syndicate expense and investment income forecasts, including those included in the Lloyd's Syndicate Business Forecast.
- Produce robust analysis and commentary on the quarterly results of the syndicates.
- Ensure quarterly three year syndicate forecasts are complete, understood and communicated.
- Provide the press release of quarterly three year forecasts.
- Preparation of Board packs, reporting quarterly on the performance of both the syndicate and company platforms.
- Ensure quarterly syndicate three year forecasts are complete, understood and communicated, and prepare the resultant press release.
- Prepare quarterly syndicate cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure quarterly syndicate one year forecasts are complete, understood and communicated.
- Preparation of the planning and forecasting, and business analysis aspects of the Solvency II deliverables.
- Ensuring the team deliver information that is right first time (reliable, timely, challenged, controlled and thoroughly reviewed).
- Liaison with auditors and actuaries.
- Liaison with other departments to enhance knowledge transfer e.g. underwriting, claims, outwards reinsurance, IT and facilities.
- Continually challenge practice and processes to ensure they meet best practice and changing requirements.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects.
- Champion the company values and work in accordance with the organisational behaviours.
- To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime & conduct.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of Financial Planning and analysis within the insurance sector would be beneficial
- Good understanding of Lloyd's London Market insurance
- Self starter with a desire to develop
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively
- Excellent Excel and system skills, prior experience of Anaplan system (desirable)