IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Halifax, West Midlands
£40,000 - £50,000 Plus Excellent Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
We work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK brokers. Our broking technology processes transactions worth over £5 billion gross written premium and our teams are responsible for developing and delivering some of the most cutting edge software in the insurance market. By helping our customers to define their requirements, SSP maps the journey and builds the solution.
We are looking for talented IT Business Analysts to join our E Trading Team based from our Halifax office.
What being the IT Business Analyst with SSP will involve:
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for gathering information and translating this into straightforward business and project documents. Your role will involve identifying solutions to business issues and looking for business opportunities through to supporting our customers during the implementation of a largely standard packaged application. These are key and the main requirements for this role.
You will use your experience of understanding and applying an application development methodology and contribute to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle. With your experience of client implementation and installation processes you will be developing, writing and executing system test scripts and participating in internal quality reviews. You will prepare system documentation and liaise with Development teams, providing input to project estimates.
Based from our Halifax offices, there may be travel across the UK with ad hoc requirements to undertake international travel.
What experience we look for from you:
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and its processes and procedures gained through direct experience
- Practical working knowledge of at least one computer-based Insurance application
- An aptitude for analysing application problems, ideally using a formal analysis methodology, and the building of solutions
- Experience in working to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of a team
- Quality understanding of at least one phase of the development life cycle plus an understanding of how phases of the development life cycle are related
- Experience of the development of data flow diagrams
- An understanding of entity-relationship diagrams
- Knowledge of process mapping, development of data flow diagrams and general insurance principles such as underwriting, claims, accountancy and re-insurance
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do. The IT Business Analyst plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
We reserve the right to withdraw a vacancy prior to the closing date.
Note to Agencies: We currently have a PSL in place and we are not looking to engage wider to this PSL.
To apply for the role of IT Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Transformation Analyst, Business Analysis, Systems Support Analyst, Systems Implementation Analyst.