Clothing Designer - 6 Month FTC
Are you an experienced Clothing Designer - 6 Month FTC? Are you looking for a new role where you can put your creative skills and experience to test?
This is an initial 6 Month FTC role with a view to going permanent, based in Salisbury.
Skills & Experience required for this Clothing Designer - 6 Month FTC role:
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Skilled at designing with an excellent eye for detail
- High understanding of production processes and any limitations to design such as costings & minimum order quantities
- Strong awareness of current fashion market trends with the ability to interpret relevant trends into designs/products
- Ability to move the range on each season whilst understanding the need to be consistent with the brand
- Ability to juggle a large number of projects at once and deliver multiple designs per season
- Good commercial eye, with a love for product
What does this Clothing Designer - 6 Month FTC involve?
- Regular competitive shopping reviews to monitor trends & colours
- Attending necessary trade shows
- Proposing seasonal colour palettes, ensuring they complement the Brand continuity tri-colour palette
- Moving on existing core lines and identifying/developing new product opportunities
- Producing high quality product CAD visuals utilising relevant Adobe creative suite packages (Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign) for presentation to the business
- Maintaining a strong brand identity in each design
- Focusing on trends relevant to the brand to enable growth
- Apparel design: Designing and developing new logos, placement print artwork, embellishments, fabric & trim details, garment shapes, original patterns, stripes and prints for the range
- Packaging design: Producing print ready artwork for product packaging (with necessary screen separations, if required)
- Surface Pattern design: Generating seamless pattern repeats & swatches as well as placement prints for a variety of substrates and print processes
- Producing factory ready artwork with detailed design specifications to ensure correct first time samples from suppliers
- Backing up of all artwork files onto the main server daily and updating the hard copy artwork archive
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
AdMore Recruitment is a specialist retail recruitment and talent management consultancy.
Follow us on Twitter: @AdmoreRetail Website: www.admore-recruitment.co.ukFacebook: AdMore Recruitment