Our client based in Cambridge, a dynamic and forward thinking software and data analytics company, is seeking a candidate to join their busy and expanding team!
This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic, hard-working team and our client is looking for exceptional professionals who thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
This role would suit a person with technical background ideally within software development who wants to transition to the product side. The role requires a self-starter with background in delivering clear and concise instructions as well as having a high level of attention to detail.
Role & Responsibilities
- Formally document software user-guides
- Undertake quality assurance of releases
- Support the product lead in release planning and execution
- Work with internal teams to obtain customer / user requirements for the software user manuals.
- Work with product teams to understand the product in enough details to be able to capture the relevant information for user manuals and undertake quality assurance for each release.
- Produce high-quality documentation in multiple formats that meets world class product standards
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create training tutorials to help end-users and support the "user accreditation" program that is the responsibility of the product / applications team.
- Analyse existing and new content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the application information architecture for end users.
- Involvement in weekly and monthly release planning and execution, use of MVP (Minimum Viable Product) approach for delivering product backlog.
Job Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation and software quality assurance
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Markdown
- Strong familiarity with Agile software development process
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent (preferred NOT essential)
The right person for this role will have a can do attitude, with lots of energy and the confidence to bring their ideas to the table. If you prefer a role with a task list, this job is not for you.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Full Time
Salary: up to £35,000
Benefits: Unlimited holidays, flexible working hours, parking on site
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy