Configuration Manager - Telecoms
Configuration Manager - Telecoms Leader, ITIL, IBM TADDM discovery tool , serviceNow's CMDB instance
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE with plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
The Configuration Manager will ultimately be fully responsible for my clients global configuration management demands and processes. The accuracy of the newly formed CMDB and its associated configuration processes will be under this roles' full accountability.
- Ultimately responsibility for global configuration management processes
- Fully accountable for the accuracy and data integrity of the CMDB
- Must ensure sub configuration process owners' roles are carried out to maintain full accuracy of the CMDB (e.g ensuring the Network, Application, Infrastructure etc. configuration owner has complied to the process in a timely manner)
- Ensures integrity is maintained throughout from the IBM TADDM discovery tool and ServiceNow's CMDB instance
- Leads continuous improvement in regards to disciplined configuration and data management processes
- Manages the configuration and data management processes, including interpretation of contract requirements, formal configuration baseline control, configuration documentation, contract data requirements delivery, program library, and functional and physical configuration audits.
- Provides accurate and timely data and reports.
- Participates in all change control boards
- Assist in implementation of hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
- Verification and validation of configuration records against the a variety
- of data sources and systems
- Ensures continuous improvement programmes are driven forward
- Control change to, and maintain the integrity of, the application development and project's artefacts.
- Identifying configuration items, restricting changes to those items, auditing changes made to those items, and defining and managing configurations of those items throughout the software development process.
- Trace defects, requirements, specifications and test cases.
- Liaison between the project team, helping to track defects and build issues. - Creating builds and manage Development/QA/Production promotions.
- Ensuring that right versions of configuration items are selected for change or implementation.
- Definition and enforcement of object check-in/check-out procedures.
- Creation and documentation of procedures Technical & Behavioural
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable leadership experience within a Configuration Management ITSM model.
- Ability to manage delivery initiatives / projects and experience of doing so
- Knowledge and experience of formal business operations procedures (e.g. ITIL)
1 An understanding of the technologies he/she is accountable for including:
1 Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems.
2 Public/private/hybrid cloud
3 Storage fundamentals (SAN, NAS and storage networks)
4 Infrastructure services (SMTP, DNS, DHCP)
5 Generic management of message flow (Mail filtering/hygiene, Routing, SMTP, and SMS)
6 HA technologies
7 Monitoring and management products
8 Enterprise backup
9 Access controls systems (RADIUS, LDAP, AD, IDAM)
10 Database administration and concepts
11 DeVops Automation and Orchestra