Yard Operative / Load Inspector
We have an opportunity for a Yard Operative / Load Inspectorto join our team based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Monday to Friday, alternating working hours of
06:00 – 15:00 and 10:00 – 19:00
(Occassional weekend work may be required)
Salary: £16,880 + Benefits including company Pension and Uniform
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Yard Operative / Load Inspector- What’s the role?
- To provide operational support across the site using MHE. (Training provided if required)
- To carry out various cleaning duties as required
- To help with machinery re-fuelling (training provided)
- To carry out daily moisture analysis of out bound material
- To conduct PSA of outbound material (Training provided)
- To carry out “pick tests” of processed material (Training provided)
Yard Operative / Load Inspector- What will I be responsible for?
- Use all appropriate PPE as required and supplied (Training provided)
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately to your team leader or site management.
- Observe and adhere to company H&S procedures and its Environmental Responsibilities
- Operate MHE to unload palletised goods
- Operate MHE to re-fuel machinery. (Training provided)
- Carry out various daily servicing to plant and equipment (Training provided)
- Carry out various cleaning duties in and around the site as required and requested
- Using the equipment provided in the onsite Laboratory, carry out daily moisture testing of all outbound material (Training provided)
- Using the equipment provided in the onsite Laboratory, carry out daily particle size analysis of all outbound material. (Training provided)
- Label and identify retention samples of material
- Gather composite samples of material and prepare for despatch to a UKAS accredited laboratory.
- Carry out random “pick tests” of material for contaminants
- Record data accurately for the QC team
- Maintain the laboratory to a high standard of cleanliness
- Attend training courses as required.
- Maintain your working area to a high standard
- Always conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner
- The role will require a level of physical fitness and can be based outdoors. (Assessments will be carried out)
- Carry out additional tasks as reasonably requested
To submit your CV for this Yard Operative / Load Inspector opportunity, please click ‘Apply’
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.