Senior Account Manager
A current affairs association are looking for a Senior Account Manager to come onboard and manage 40-60 accounts across a wide variety of their sectors.
A relatively small organisation (200 employees in London) but with a huge reach and a huge political impact. The culture is very open and collaborative. Everyone is an expert in what they do. There is brilliant training available and good progression opportunities. They will not wait until lots of people want to do the same training, they are happy to organise it in small groups or even on a one to one basis. If you can put a case forward for the training then you can get it. Based in Central London, very modern offices with a large reception that members can use too
- As a Senior account manager, you will start with a small portfolio of accounts to look after, with a view to increasing the number as you progress in the role.
- It is likely to be a 70/30 split in favour of account management vs new business.
- The role will involve having regular meetings with your accounts to uncover what their worries and frustrations are, ensure better member engagement and upsell/cross sell other services the association offers e.g. events, networking, reports etc
- One of the challenges of the role can often be that members have conflicting views as to the direction that the association should be heading in e.g. energy company members will often object to policy changes. A lot of the job is therefore a balancing act and will involve lots of compromise. You will also need a thorough understanding of why the association are doing what they are doing so that you explain it to those members who disagree or are not fully onboard.
The ideal Senior Account Manager will:
- Be up to speed on current affairs
- Have good business and sales acumen
- Have the necessary gravitas to speak to CEO level
- Strong account management skills but also the ability to grow these accounts and be punchy when need be
£40,000-44,000 (no OTE)