Junior Data Scientist London Up to £55k
RedCat Digital are working with the market-leading digital publishing company in the educational space to find a Junior Data Scientist to join the team in London.
The right candidate in a nutshell:
- Educated in mathematics/statistics to degree level
- Analytical skills and experience using Python or R.
- Process driven with meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Higher Education sector is a bonus.
My client is home to the world’s largest online community of teachers and is committed to enabling great teaching by aiding educators find the tools and technology they need to excel. They host a dynamic global marketplace where educators discover, share and sell original teaching materials and are at the forefront of providing the latest education news and analysis through a network of blogs, apps & podcasts.
The Junior Data Scientist Role
Their current need is for a Junior Data Scientist to join the team in London. This role is in a central team delivering world class datasets of Higher Education and research institutions and their key reporting metrics.
Key responsibilities include:
Ensuring the quality, validity and applicability of the data collected for the rankings and the final product.
- Producing visualisations and other presentations of the data to provide insight to the editorial team and other customers.
- Adapting or writing manipulation code to calculate rankings and related outputs from various input sources.
- Querying and analysing large volumes of data.
The right person for this role will have excellent analytical skills and experience, with particular expertise using Python or R. You will be experienced in data collection and the management of substantial datasets as well as data visualisation using Tableau. It is expected you will be degree educated in mathematics, statistics or something similar and will be comfortable in a client-facing position.
Get in Touch Now!
This is an exciting opportunity to grow an already well established brand working in a dynamic and well-funded digital education business. To hear more about this role please contact Andy Driver at RedCat Digital.