Junior Software Developer
Are you a whizz working in C# .Net? Do you have good knowledge of making use of MS SQL databases? Do you have WinForms experience? If so, our client, a global manufacturing company based in Tameside, is looking for someone just like you to join their team!
If you have a recent computing degree and want to gain experience in a software development role and can demonstrate your capabilities coding in C# and developing visual screens, then this really is a great opportunity. Whilst initially it is on a 12 month contract, there is the possibility of the role becoming permanent (although this cannot be guaranteed).
This is a new and will be varied and will provide a challenge. The person we are looking for will need to work of their own initiative to develop software applications to enhance the effectiveness of the existing systems or produce new applications that ensure the effective day to day operations of the business are maintained.
This person must have hands on approach and a desire to learn new skills. It`s both a busy and a challenging role where you will primarily be working in C# .Net, making use of MS SQL databases. The great thing is that you will be involved in all aspects of an enterprise system right from the database engine, through to the business layer and user interface.
As part of their team you will have some responsibility for specific projects/application and for the full life cycle (from initial discussion, right through to implementation) so you can really make your mark! This includes the preparation of all associated documentation or making changes to existing applications in order to ensure they meet business needs.
We are looking for a true team player with a strong work ethic who can happily work in a small team for a large organisation and is very personable.
Main duties to include:
- Primarily working in C# Net, making use of MS SQL databases
- Working in a busy environment as part of a small but dedicated team
- Involvement in all elements of the process; from the database engine through to the business layer and the user interface
- Being responsible for specific projects/applications for the full life-cycle from initial discussion to implementation, including the preparation of all associated documentation or making changes to existing applications to ensure they meet business needs
We are looking for:
- Related degree educated (or equivalent) or
- Minimum of 12 months C# .Net development experience
- Ability to interpret written business requirements and technical specifications
- Ability to code software according to design guidelines and published standards
- Good communication skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Competence using Visual Studio and WinForms
- A hands on individual with a desire to learn new skills
- Team player
In return you can expect:
- Salary up to £25k dependant on experience
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 (after 2 years)+ stats
- Pension + other benefits
If you are interested in this position please contact Kelly Gilmartin on or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: KGJSD2688 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
IS THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT `LIKE` OUR FACEBOOK PAGE OR SIGN UP TO THE `JOB ALERTS` ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.