Mechanical Project Design Engineer
Mechanical Project Design Engineer wanted for manufacturer in Newhaven. The successful candidate will be working within the Production Design Department and designing and project controlling the range of products including very specialist equipment.
Minimum 5 years mechanical machinery design experience with experience in some (or preferably all) the following areas advantageous;
- Sheet thermoplastics structure design in e.g. polypropylene, PVC etc.
- Basic pneumatic design experience
- Sheet metal design.
- Welded metal (box section) structure design (mostly) in st st
- Component design (of metals, generally st st and thermoplastics) for Centre Lathe and Milling Machine production.
- Must have an appreciation of Electrical elements (e.g. fans, solenoid valves, PLC's etc.)
- Production of working designs and drawings and parts lists for the Production team,
- Production of purchase items parts lists for the Purchasing Manager
- Liaising with Customer by way of issuance of drawings for approval and appropriate e-mail and telephonic communications.
- Production of O&M manuals for the Customer
- Production of RAMS for installation team.
- Production of design P&IDs for the Production team
- Working upon more than one project at same time, sometimes multiple projects
- Providing support to the Production Manager by way of Project control of project(s) to achieve delivery dates, correct quality of products, and working within financial constraints of products.
The position is full time with possibility of over time. The role is on a three month contract to start off with the potential to go to permanent. Experience in Autocad is essential.
First Recruitment Services Ltd is acting as an employment agency.