Cloud Operations Lead AWS - Maidenhead
Cloud Operations Lead - AWS - Maidenhead near Slough, Reading, Commutable from Paddington, West London
My client based in Maidenhead are one of the leaders in their field. They are a global software house employing over 3000 people with 200 being based in their HQ in Maidenhead. They are a really progressive organisation moving massively to AWS platforms automation and utilising DevOps methodologies and practices.
Our client is looking for a team leader to lead a team in initially circa 6 people across the UK, USA and India. The successful candidate will come from a strong technical background and still be technically hands on. This is not a purely man-management role.
Essential you are strong with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ideally managing Windows environments on AWS
- High level Windows Server design and administration skills
- Windows PowerShell for administration and automation.
- Chef - Cookbooks and Recipes (other automation tools of interest)
- Vmware ESX/vSphere administration/configuration including HA/DRS and SRM.
- Windows Server administration/configuration including: Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS, DHCP, DNS and WSUS.
Team lead responsibilities:
- Manage the smooth operation of a team of experienced hosting engineers including typical man management duties, objective setting and appraisals.
- Be a point of escalation within the team for incidents, requests and projects.
- Be a key liaison with two development teams who work on the cloud environment along with some infrastructure as code components.
- Provide strong technology leadership to the engineers across a wide range of virtualization, operating system, storage and network technologies.
- Be a strong advocate of the Change Management policy, review changes and ensure team adherence.
- Participate in the resource and maintenance planning meetings and agree a schedule of work.
- Oversee incoming tickets to resolve issues and implement service requests for our client's customers.
- Draft and implement approved technical changes to products and infrastructure.
- Plan, monitor and progress technical projects and seek opportunities to implement automation and configuration management, reducing technical debt.
- Participate in the on call rota and occasional out of hours scheduled work.
Example Upcoming Projects/Roadmap:
- Continued movement to moving more Windows Server architecture into AWS
- A new containerised product utilising Docker and Kubernetes
- Document management / knowledge management
Here are some of the benefits:
- 10% Bonus
- Up to x2 days per week work from home
- Budget for conferences and training
Apply ASAP for success!
Cloud Operations Lead - AWS - Maidenhead near Slough, Reading, Commutable from Paddington, West London.