Program Analyst with VBA
Our client a market leader in their field, are urgently seeking a Financial Systems Support Analyst, with extensive VBA knowledge for their Finance department based at the companies head office in Reading, Berkshire.
The company deliver a full range of quality services globally in the areas of Payroll, HR and Tax & Legal, with more than 3,600 staff serving more than 60,000 clients, offering salary calculations, training, HR research, social-legal, tax and HR-related consultancy services, specialist software for personnel departments and on-site support.
To provide financial application support to the business. This role reports to the Finance Department and is not part of a wider IT team, as such this role is totally self-reliant.
- VBA and SQL skills and experience are absolutely key
- Candidates need to be really comfortable with designing and modifying VBA Access applications, some with a SQL back end
- Candidates need to know how to program new ribbons in Excel
- Candidates must be comfortable looking at VBA code in Access and Excel and be able to solve queries when something isn’t working, the current programs may need to be tweaked and updated.
- Finance department IT analysis / developer. Support of existing, and development of new in- house applications and tools in Excel, Access and SQL Server.
- Provide expertise on automating daily/monthly tasks in finance.
- Provide backup support to Head of Finance Systems for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Billing system, eRequest & BI360 when required.
- Coordinate internal IT support for infrastructure issues.
- Coordinate 3rd party suppliers for second level application support.
- Administer user accounts and security controls, including SOX compliance.
- Ensure that the applications are professionally and responsively supported at all times.
- Guide and support user testing activity.
- Provide user training when required.
Knowledge, Technical Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- The ability to work unaided, solve and resolve technical issues and deconstruct legacy code in VBA, TSQL and SSIS will be a key requirement.
- Proven advanced MS Excel / Access VBA development expertise.
- Advanced TSQL expertise.
- Experience with scripting and XML.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Development experience with SQL Server 2005 /2012, SSIS, SSRS, Stored Procedures.
- BI / MI reporting experience.
- Potential experience of MS Dynamics GP & procurement systems.
- Ability to interact and add value to the decision making of the Finance leadership team.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills.