Fleet Manager (6 Month Fixed Term Contract - FTC) Ref 76508
Job Title - Fleet Manager (6 Month FTC)
Location - Flexible - East based would be preferable e.g. Bedfordshire/ Hertfordshire.
We are an international business with a single vision to resource the world. We are achieving this by providing innovative solutions that help industries, cities and communities to use energy, water and waste more sustainably. It’s a huge operation, involving the talents of over 174,000 employees across a wide range of roles. No matter what we do, we’re all united by a shared passion and ambition - to provide smart environmental solutions that make a real and lasting difference. Join us and you’ll play an important part in achieving our vision.
Exceptional prospects. Meaningful work. Superb benefits. Whatever you’re looking for in your next career move, there are all kinds of reasons to join Veolia.
Make your mark…
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Manager to join us on a 6 month FTC, to deliver and manage the Central Fleet compliance directives and provide daily support for vehicle and equipment operations, H&S, development and finance within the East region. As part of this rewarding but challenging role you will be responsible for all Eastern Region Municipal, Landscape, Commercial, Treatment and Landfill contracts.
The below are a summary of main duties only, other duties may be required to be fulfilled to meet the changing nature of operational activities.
What you’ll do…
- Responsible for Fleet compliance to ensure our operator’s licence conditions are met.
- Vehicle maintenance cost and uptime.
- Police the quality of internal and external service providers.
- Ensure the best value of vehicle/ equipment usage.
- Advise on vehicle/ equipment selection.
- Responsible for Contract mobilisation and Contract close downs.
- Provide specialist fleet support for operations in a cost effective and compliant method
- Assist with tender applications
- Attend/ meet clients as required
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications..
- IT skills - E-mail or use of computerised maintenance management system.
- Understanding of heavy vehicle operations and maintenance/ compliance
- Recognised qualification in Commercial Vehicle Engineering,
- CPC would be beneficial
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Veolia recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.