Electrical Maintenance Engineer
To provide an electrically based back-up service to production management/Works Engineering Manager to enable them to perform their duties by keeping all plant and equipment in a good state of repair.
To carry out safe, effective, efficient electrical maintenance work on plant and equipment as necessary to ensure optimum availability of production lines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To ensure all electrical maintenance work carried out is performed in line with the company safety policy, safe working practices or procedures and in such a manner as to minimise any possibility of injury to themselves or anyone else who may be in close proximity to their place of work.
- To ensure that safety is paramount in all work undertaken within the company and all test equipment, etc is used correctly and for the purpose intended.
- To ensure plant and equipment is left, as far as is practicable, in a safe working order after the completion of any electrical maintenance.
- To be classed as a company "competent person" in the provision of electrical isolation to plant and equipment as requested.
PRODUCTION OUTPUT & DELIVERY
To ensure as far as is practicable that production output does not suffer through lack of electrical maintenance to plant and equipment.
To co-operate as required with both production/engineering departments and provide electrical assistance as is deemed necessary in new project work.
To assist with the installation/routine maintenance of works electrical services as is deemed appropriate.
CONTROL OF COSTS
To inform the production/ engineering management of any potential electrical problems and problems associated with plant and equipment to allow them to make decisions regarding safety and the availability of spares in order to decide on the best course of action to minimise any "lost" production time.
- To ensure that all stock removed by them from stores is correctly booked out and in the absence of a store-man the stores are left as they found them in a clean, tidy, orderly manner.
- To check the condition of any equipment drawn from stores, before and after use by them, to ensure it is safe to use, fit for purpose, and undamaged. (Damaged items to be reported to the store-man immediately so action can be taken to replace/repair them as applicable)
To co-operate as required in the implementation of the company quality management programme.
To converse amiably and positively as required with all staff employed by the company and their sub-contractors.
- To co-operate with management as far as practicable in matters concerning objectives, strategies and budgets.
- To undertake further tasks/duties as may be reasonably expected from time to time.
PAY & OVERTIME
- Basic rate: up to £14.25 per hour
- Overtime (Monday to Friday): £15.69 per hour
- Weekend overtime (First 10 hours): £17.65 per hour
- Weekend overtime (After 10 hours): £23.53 per hour
If you think you have the skills you require for this position please contact our team today. Please note overtime is available on evenings and weekends.