Data warehouse Developer
A true market leading Microsoft Gold Partner business is looking for a data warehouse developer to work within the Enterprise Services on an important account, the role will be a member of the team that develops and maintains the Reporting and Business Intelligence solutions for our client. As a Data Warehouse Developer within an Agile Team, the role will be involved for the successful delivery and evolution of our client’s solution with the expectation that they’ll play a role in increasing the quality of the system.
To be an excellent team player that participates in projects, sprints and work-packages as and when required. Share knowledge through collaboration with peers and other team members.
The Data Warehouse Developer role relies on the candidate having strong experience of Data Warehouse development, Business Intelligence and MI reporting. Exceptional SQL Server development skills and good experience of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) will be very important to success in the role.
Essential Skills and Experience
The role must have the following skills and experience:
· 3+ years’ experience in implementing complex solutions in a professional development environment
· Strong design and development skills in the Microsoft SQL Server platform, including SSIS and SSRS
· Strong skills in the T-SQL Language and developing for performance
· Strong experience in developing ETL solutions from complex backend systems
· Strong knowledge in Data Warehouse solutions and Data Architecture
· Strong ability to build relationships with the business to provide fit for purpose solutions
· A proven aptitude for developing high quality solutions
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt to new situations
· Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
· A strong customer focussed, pragmatic and motivated individual
· Excellent organisational skills
· Proficient with relevant design principles and development best practice
· Proficient with tools that automate or assist the development process
· Troubleshooting complex software issues including issues in unfamiliar code