Title: Software Engineer
Location: Torquay, Devon
Tucked away in the seaside town of Torquay lays a quite fantastic opportunity for a motivated, skilled and experienced Software Engineer. Our global client has pioneered the design and manufacture of their products for a number of years, hosting four branches within UK and nine other sites worldwide.
They specialise in the provision of technically sophisticated precision assemblies, with a loyal customer base covering Defence, Aerospace, Medical, Telecommunications and Research & Development sectors. They remain a market leader in their field and stand proud to employ some of the most technically gifted professionals in the UK.
Business expansion has meant this global game-changer now requires a talented Software Engineer to join their Torquay team. This is an outstanding chance to work alongside innovators, earn great rewards and benefits as well as display your own technical talents on an international stage.
(We are looking to speak to Software Engineers making great career strides locally, as well as relocators attracted to the proposition of moving to the South West)
Duties - Reporting to Engineering Manager:
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned Software projects.
- Confidently support various areas of the business with Software Engineering.
- Develop, improve and maintain bespoke software applications in-house (50+ applications).
- Collaborate cohesively with other software engineers and contractors working in the business.
- Help to review future state software requirements in line with the company's growth strategy.
- Develop new company software applications when requested - approved by the Engineering Manager or Design Engineering Director.
- Define, record and approve all software changes aligned with company Design and Development procedures.
- Ensure company software applications are controlled by version number and all relevant source code is logged into the company version control database (and backed up).
- Carry out administrative tasks on the company production database.
- Write SQL queries to extract and analyse data as well as correct and update when necessary.
- Offer general production software and hardware support/troubleshooting.
- Guide, train and support the Software Apprentice.
- Provide documentation and training for the company software applications when required.
- Bachelors Degree (or more) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Computer Architecture, Mathematics, Electronics or similar.
- 5+ years experience of Software Development with a good working knowledge of the main programming languages - I.E. Delphi, C# and C++.
- Logical thinker that can work under pressure as part of a team or alone.
- Fantastic problem solving skills but a commitment to continuous skills development.
- Strong knowledge of Delphi pascal programming language.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Access database data access. RS232, GPIB and USB hardware control.
- Efficient Transact SQL Select, Insert, Update and Delete query writing.
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration.
- Knowledge of HTML, ASP, CSS, VBA and COM+ web based languages and technologies.
- Conversion of C++, C# or VB code to Delphi pascal code. Conversion of Delphi pascal code to C# code.
If you feel that you've got what it takes then please apply today! Alternatively, to learn more and have a confidential chat, please contact our specialist IT consultant - Neil Roberts