A successful, national lender are seeking a Bridging Underwriter to join their growing team.
As a Bridging Underwriter, you are ultimately responsible for effectively managing the process in connection with bridge lending, refurbishment and development loans. You will be accountable for the receipt and examination of all necessary information to ensure that accurate information and documents are produced for the customer, and that loans underwritten are profitable for the business.
- Proven background in Bridging or Residential mortgage underwriting and a good knowledge of compliance procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing.
- Understanding of financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches.
- The ability to deliver exceptional customer service and create a positive customer experience.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong initiative with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Extremely professional and ability to communicate with high profile individuals.
- Passionate about organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and dedicated work ethic.
- Ability to think logically in challenging and diverse situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight regulatory and internal deadlines.