Senior SAS/SQL Analyst
Senior SAS/SQL Analyst
Our client, a large financial services organisation are looking to recruit a Senior SAS/SQL Analyst to support a range of data reconciliations and validation tasks across multiple systems and databases, and to refine processes for user, system and parameter administration.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Define, execute and monitor metrics to support the validation of data quality in both Risk and Source systems.
- Proactively identify the improvements needed in Risk systems from the data validation and reconciliation processes.
- Ability to understand and communicate the risk associated with an incident.
- Provide support and technical expertise in all tasks and projects including managing stakeholders and regular updates to all parties, senior management and committees facilitate change initiatives.
- Deputise for other team members and represent the team more widely in different forums.
- Represent the department in various meetings and workshops as the knowledge expert - project, testing and development either in a face-to-face environment or telephone conferences.
- Produce Test Scripts and participate in user acceptance testing and live testing for new Risk systems.
- Relationship manage activities with IT and Operational areas.
- Deliver a sound control mechanism for maintaining the data quality in Risk Systems.
- Experience of data validation and/or undertaking complex reconciliations.
- Experience in developing and running System Controls.
- Constantly analyse ways to refine controls and improve ways of working without compromising on quality.
- Proven ability in identifying, analysing and successfully resolving issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in SQL and SAS is essential.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Applications including Excel (e.g. Pivot tables & formulas) and PowerPoint.
- Confident communicator with excellent written and verbal skills able to build good relations with departments in the business, IT and Risk.
- Experience of performing reconciliations and analysing large volumes of data.
- Experience in the financial service industry is desirable.
If you or someone you know are suitable for this role, apply confidentially today.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and references must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.