Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer will report to the Group IT and Systems Manager and join the existing infrastructure support team. This small team manages infrastructure and software across three datacentres and two offices in the UK, New Zealand and Australia.
The current infrastructure includes:
- 80 servers across 5 sites
- 4 production SQL Server clusters and 4 development SQL servers running in high availability configurations
- 2 VMWare clusters, 2 Hyper-V servers and 3 storage area networks
- 12 Cisco firewalls and a fully meshed wide area network
- Back office systems including Active Directory, Exchange, CRM and Navision
- Landline and mobile phones
You will provide desktop, mobile device and phone support, and will have support responsibilities in areas such as Active Directory, SQL Server, server administration and networks.
- An interest in data warehousing, business intelligence, SQL and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Good understanding of networks and Windows
- Numerate degree - preferably with high information systems or information technology content.
- Any Microsoft specific exams, training or experience
- Understanding of ISO27001, ITIL or project management
Excellent opportunity, please apply for a prompt response.