Network Manager - Ipswich
Are you looking for a new opportunity working as a Network Manager based in Ipswich, Suffolk?
The team’s function is to provide staff and student support for all aspects of the ICT infrastructure, including Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Telephony, Client Devices and Software.
Main Duties of the Role
- To be responsible for the IT Support team function within the college.
- To work with the Managed Service team to overcome any regular or recurring issues.
- To manage and develop the ICT Technicians through training, mentoring and support, ensuring that the team is sufficiently skilled for the smooth running of the IT system.
- To contribute to the IT budget creation and management by providing advice on ICT requirements.
- Ensure that essential maintenance is accurately planned in advance and any disruption to availability scheduled in agreement with the College.
- To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security and stability of the IT systems, including training users on the effective use of software i.e. identifying unsafe emails.
- Ensure that all tickets are prioritised based on their impact on learning and teaching.
- Accountable and responsible for delivering day-to-day IT support to all users, and addressing any on-going or recurring issues affecting service.
- Ensure a complete and accurate asset inventory is maintained for all IT hardware and software, including license details.
- Work with third parties as required for new installations, upgrades or escalations.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least three years’ management experience of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and five years’ Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, preferably in an education environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and NPS.
- At least three years’ experience managing VMware vSphere.
- At least two years’ experience managing Office 365 and Federated Services.
- Experience of a tier 1 antivirus solution in a networked environment.
- Management and deployment of software images through Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 Management
- Experience of Apple Mac OS X.
- HP networking (LAN & WLAN).
- Experience of a network monitoring solution to proactively monitor key systems and services.
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Apple Mac OS integration with Windows networks and DeployStudio
- Papercut Print Management solutions
- Capita SIMS - upgrades/backups/deployment
- Experience of Google Apps
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management
- Up to £30k per annum, Depending on Experience