Managing Quantity Surveyor
A Market leading International Main Contractor are currently in the market for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join their Nottingham office. They are involved in a range of New build commercial Project and the Managing Quantity Surveyor will be running and continuing the development of the commercial team.
This is an excellent career step for a Quantity Surveyor who is looking for the opportunity to continue developing their career within an extremely successful team.
The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a worldwide organisation that specialises across a number of sectors including; defence, education health and housing.
Due to this company's success and size it has the financial strength and technical expertise to be involved in some of the most significant construction.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be involved in all post contract work and will have the occasional dealings with pre contract. You will be predominantly be working on a £multimillion Commercial New Build Projects and may also be involved with Refurb and potential opportunity to be able to diversify into other sectors.
Some of your duties will include;
- Manging and developing the Commercial Team.
- Maximising cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work
- Invoicing of customers
- Payment of suppliers
- Produce accurate budget information
- Maintain and improve client relationships
- Ensure timescales are met
- Asses, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
You should be capable of working with the minimum supervision in all areas and will directly be reporting to the Commercial Manager.
The Quantity Surveyor will likely have around 7 years' experience and will ideally have worked in a similar role. You might be considered if you are looking to take the next step to reach Managing Quantity Surveyor level.
You will have:
Strong construction background, preferably within a Main Contractor with or working towards RICS qualifications - (not essential)
- A proven track record in this or similar fields.
- Full UK driving licence
- Construction related degree.
- Experience in managing commercial risks
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- General good IT literacy and ability to use most standard Microsoft packages
- £50,000 - £60,000 pa (DOE)
- Unrivalled career progression
- Unrivalled support and mentoring
If you are a Managing Quantity Surveyor and are considering your career options, please contact Andrew Clarke at Brandon James on or apply to this role below.
Nottingham -Quantity Surveyor -Managing Quantity Surveyor -Main Contractor - QS - East Midlands