Software Engineer - London - £50k - £70k
Our client builds software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Their flavour of agile has been heavily influenced by XP and Kanban, and if something isn’t working, they change it. They expect you to make a hands on contribution to the project and help teams prioritise and find innovative ways to meet objectives.
- Design, build and launch new data processing pipelines aimed at converting or mapping data from one form into another format.
- Building flexible and scalable APIs to support the creation of data visualizations and information dashboards.
- Work with product managers and data architects to understand data needs and test hypotheses by means of rapid prototyping.
- Promote data driven culture and manage data quality.
- Contribute to the creation and testing of data models for the scholarly publishing domain.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Confident programmer with experience in object-oriented or functional programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Clojure, C#).
- Familiarity with databases and data processing techniques.
- Proactive problem solver and data analyst, capable of prototyping solutions as well as presenting results to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with ETL concepts and frameworks.
- Experience with or interest in building graph database backed software, either of the property graph or triple store kind (e.g. Neo4J, Titan, Stardog, GraphDB).
- Enthusiastic about semantic web technologies, scripting languages and data visualization tools.
- Experience with NLP libraries and/or data mining and information retrieval.