Junior Software Engineer - Python - C++
Based in the heart of London, this boutique technology-based hedge fund has experienced phenomenal success since their inception, using cutting-edge technology to thrive in the financial world. They pride themselves on not being the traditional corporate finance firm and due to their continued and steady growth, this tight-knit team are growing once again.
They are on the lookout for an exceptional Junior Software Engineer to join their Quantitative Development team.
In this Junior Software Engineer job, you will be working in a unified Quantitative Development team to work across varied projects depending on your skillset. Whether you are more quantitative focused or more development focused, you will be able to work across both hands-on development and analysis. Whatever your background, this role will enable the successful candidate to tackle high-level problems using the most innovative technology.
In this Junior Software Engineer job, your tasks will involve:
- Designing and implementing the complete trading infrastructure across the whole technology platform
- Designing high-performance programs using Python, Cython and C++
- Analysing and optimising the research and analysis process
- Working with complex computational data related problems
- Building tools and engines to enhance the ability to analyse large sets of data
- Suggesting improvements to automatically trade multiple assets
- Experimenting with live visualisation trading
- Understanding the system and improving performance by using algorithm sets
What we're looking for?
Top academics with a Computer Science background and systems experience
- A genuine enthusiasm for programming
- A programming problem-solver
- The ability to use algorithms to solve real world problems
- A keen interest in machine learning and natural language processing
- Experience within Linux environments would be ideal
- As it's a small company, your ability to communicate must be second to none
So, what else is on offer?
- Excellent starting basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 + discretionary bonus (up to 50%)
- Fantastic offices in the heart of the City, overlooking the whole of London
- Plenty of scope for progression within the company
- Private medical health care and generous pension scheme
- Gym membership and an onsite gym
- Regular team events, including an annual ski tip
Got a Computer Science degree under your belt and looking for Junior Software Engineer graduate jobs? Waste no time and apply for this Junior Software Engineer job in London today!