Senior .NET Developer
Our international consultancy client have an urgent requirement for a Senior .NET Software Developer to support the development and deployment of applications in the Defence sector.
- Act as Senior Developer / Technical Lead reporting to the Software Development Manager
- Lead the specification, documentation and design of technical solutions
- Demonstrate excellent solving skills and an enthusiasm for solving mathematical problems
- Provide technical assistance and leadership to the other developers within the project team
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal, with colleagues and clients
- Support the deployment of solutions, including preparation and delivery of analysis, demonstrations, workshops, training and documentation
You will ideally be degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent, have a minimum A pass at A-level (or equivalent) in Mathematics, and have previous work / placement experience in a technical or consulting environment.
You will have:
• solid software development experience in VB.NET;
• experience of developing OO applications;
• experience of working across the full software development lifecycle;
• experience of analysing customer requirements and designing solutions to meet those requirements, estimating the tasks and helping in planning and tracking progress of those tasks.
Desirable attributes include:
• previous experience in the Defence sector;
• experience of developing in C#.NET;
• experience of working within an Agile development environment;
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices overseas may also be required.