Technical Lead Developer (Front-End) - SW19
Technical Lead Developer (Front-End) Wimbledon - £65,000 (flexible depending on experience) + good benefits including 25 days holiday and private healthcare
We have extended our permanent technical team and are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Lead Developer who wants to work with us on a permanent basis to develop knowledge and a long-term career. You will work with a variety of people across all departments and with clients including
BT Sport, ATP, RFU and European Tour.
The pace of the projects we run can be fast and demanding. In the sport broadcasting industry, deadlines cannot be moved and our technologies must be set up, running efficiently and on time.
- Our products and solutions encompass the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding and transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms.
- The teams work incredibly hard around the clock to produce products and services of extremely high quality. We are proud of what we do and with each project there is a great feeling of achievement amongst the teams.
- The position will cover a range of projects and will require participation in client meetings and from time to time out of office hours support around sports events.
- Input into product development, technology strategic direction, and mentoring junior team members would also be expected.
Successful candidates at Deltatre are talented and ambitious with passion and a sense of fun.
You will need:
- Good experience and excellent communication skills to work on our cutting edge digital deliveries, related services and applications.
- Proven track record of creating responsive UX/UI using frameworks (Bootstrap, SASS/LESS), with the ability to prototype and produce mock-ups
- Experienced in Single Page Application design, including consumption of RESTful APIs
- Strong SEO experience, with accessibility and Semantic Web (JSON-LD) knowledge
- Well versed with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, use of Git and Git-flow processes, with exposure to CI & CD set-ups
- Any experience with Video Streaming, Mobile or OTT development would be desirable
- Good relationship building skills to work across all departments and attend client meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor the team.
- If you have an interest in sports or experience of working in the sports industry, that would be extremely helpful for this role.
How To Apply
If you would like to be part of our team and feel you have the right skills and personality for this role, please send a short letter of application (including your salary requirements) and your cv.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.