Java Developer with good experience of design and strong technical ability to join a front office team.
Your new company
Are you a Java Developer who is keen to work on a Green Field Development Project. My client is looking for a Java Developer who will be in position to architect, design and develop server side Java components.
Your new role
In this Java Development role you will pro-actively to participate in analysis, design, reviews, coding and testing. You will be required to work independently to gather and analyse requirements from stakeholders, work with the team members and collaborate with other teams. Part of this job is also to provide support on Production issues as per defined SLAs and coordinate with Global Support Teams. This is a challenging but rewarding environment for someone who wants to work on multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent OOD development skills in Java
- Good SQL experience
- Sound understanding of design patterns and system architecture.
- Experience of TDD and/or BDD methodologies
- Agile development experience
- Ability to enforce standards for software development: continuous integration, testing and deployment, information security, software quality and controls.
- Excellent academic record, degree level minimum - preferably Science, Technology, Mathematics or Engineering (flexible based on experience)
- Pro-active and dynamic individual who is able to work under pressure in a front-office technology environment
What you'll get in return
Along with commitment to your on-going technical career, this company offer salaries competitive in the local market, a non-contributory pension and a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit your lifestyle. Belfast specifically is becoming a Centre of Excellence for this company around market access and data within, with aspirations to further increase the footprint.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.