Job title: Infrastructure Engineer - MAN00009P
Salary:up to £40k + on call allowance + benefits
This role requires a highly skilled technical engineer to join an exceptionally driven, motivated, and talented third line Windows engineering team, supporting multiple sites.
This combined with a large project pipeline, will allow someone with the right skills to have a career which mixed with BAU and project work. The environment is fast paced and allows huge exposure to the latest technologies, coupled with the ability to be involved with the planning, design and commissioning, of new client requirements.
This is a role where knowledge is openly shared and solutions are driven as a team. Open communication is a key and the candidate should excel at communication skills and have great attention to detail.
- To provide third line server engineer support to Sopra Steria client.
- To deliver ITIL driven support via "Incident, Problem, Change & MI". Evidence of use required. Heavily used within Sopra Steria so the engineer will need to be full conversant and comfortable using these on a daily basis as part of their deliverables.
- Engage in design workshops to shape new solutions.
- Be part of a team involved in delivering new solutions to our customers.
- Be involved in new customer wins, transitions, transformations.
- Be part of a team of engineer’s on-call for priority 1 incidents (Rota currently 1in4/ 1in5).
- Windows Server 2003- 2016
- Windows 7 - 10
- Active Directory / DNS / DHCP / PowerShell / Group Policies
- VMware VSphere
- Exchange/ Office365
- Lotus Notes
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Skype for Business
- HP Blade Servers
- Batch/PowerShell/VB scripting
Please note: you need to be eligible for SC Clearance to be considered for this role.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.