Senior C# Software Developer
Senior C# Software Developer - Financial Services - Cambridge
Salary up to £65,000 pa DoE plus attractive benefits
Are you ready to join the team developing the world's leading risk management software suite?
This is a rare opportunity for a mid to senior level C# Developer to join a high-performing team. You will be working on a world-class risk analytics and financial modelling software platform which enables over 1,000 major insurance and financial services companies worldwide, to build and execute financial models.
- Design, implement, refactor and test code - C#, following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance
- Implement C#, NUnit unit tests, develop test frameworks and associated automated test cases
- Review and debug code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt
- Work closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identify and execute manual tests as needed
- Participate in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives; ideally continuously improving the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices
- Work with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria
- Document requirements analysis/ design decisions
Essential skills/ experience:
- Comprehensive commercial SDLC experience
- Extensive industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms
- Appreciation of, and enthusiasm for current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations
- Excellent numeracy skills
- SQL Server/ other SQL databases
- NUnit/ other unit testing frameworks
- GUI design/implementation, or knowledge of standards, WPF or WinForms
- Cloud Technologies, Azure
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (Git)/ version control and CI systems
- Experience of working in an Agile/ Scrum environment
- Genuine passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms
This fantastic opportunity to join a supportive team will allow you to use the latest tech, and design and implement truly innovative solutions.
If this sounds appealing, please get in touch for immediate consideration on , or
Honest, ethical, professional, knowledgeable recruitment experts. Blue Pelican Technology comprises highly trained consultants with more than 30 years combined experience within their specialist markets. As part of our Standards you can be assured of an enhanced level of service whether you're dealing with us as a candidate or client ().
You can view all our vacancies on our web site or call and ask for the Technology Division for further information.