£47,300 - £59,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Making a move to the Phoenix Group offers you the exciting prospect of applying your investment knowledge and expertise in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest closed life fund consolidator and one of 'Britain’s Top Employers' for six years running. We’re industry experts, but we’re always looking for ways to be better. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers, and ensure the ongoing safe management of our asset portfolios, by joining one of our Investment teams.
As an Investment Executive, you’ll enjoy a varied role with a strong analytical bias, which will primarily focus on supporting senior colleagues in the successful management of investment portfolios across our Life business. You'll use your expertise to ensure the assets backing our various product classes are being managed effectively, following best industry practice and to the highest standards of governance & controls. Working in partnership with asset managers and with colleagues across the organisation, you'll play a key role in a range of diverse activities, such as:
• designing and implementing trades to meet Phoenix strategic objectives, including coordination across investment managers, custodians and fund accountants for complex transactions;
• reviewing investment mandates, ensuring clarity of requirements and consistency of terminology, principles and format;
• developing and delivering accurate and timely Management Information to support the oversight of our portfolios; and
• identifying and driving improvements in our investment management activities, in particular striving towards greater consistency of process across the many funds that we manage.
What we're looking for:
You will be from a related Financial Services background and ideally hold, or be studying towards, a professional investment qualification such as CFA or IMC. You should be able to demonstrate:
• a good understanding of the investment management process;
• knowledge and understanding of a wide range of asset classes, and an appreciation of their uses within an insurance portfolio context;
• an ability to pay attention to detail and a genuine desire to expand your knowledge;
• strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide challenge, respond to feedback and work with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver objectives;
• an ability to make an immediate impact - evidenced by a strong track record in taking the initiative and delivering change; and
• a strong degree of technical know-how, in terms of both investment management techniques and also more general IT expertise such as Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills.
We place a strong emphasis on our core values of teamwork, ownership, continuous improvement and personal development - and we're looking for people who aren't afraid to be proactive and generate new ideas. If these values ring true with you, then we’d love to hear from you!
The Phoenix Group is unique - as the largest UK consolidator of closed life assurance funds, we protect the interests of over 6 million policyholders, with assets under management of over £74 billion. Careers with Phoenix Group are different; if you’re looking for intellectually challenging work with one of Britain’s Top Employers in an unrivalled environment, we might just be the place for you!
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 28th May 2017.