Principle - SQL DBA
SQL DBA - Principal
Senior SQL Server DBA, SQL 2008-2014 & 2016, SQL Operations, SCOM, T-SQL, SQL 2008- 2014, 2016, Powershell
£55,000 + Car or Car Allowance (£5,000) + 10% Bonus + Pension + Flexible Working Hours & Home Based Work + 25 Days Holiday
Global organisation is seeking an experienced a Senior SQL DBA / Principle to be their Technical Lead based at their Infrastructure HQ in Birmingham.
The role requires an open and assertive mind, a consultative DNA and the foresight to recognise opportunity within challenge.
As the Principle SQL DBA you will be responsible for:
- Technical and functional guidance on the SQL landscape
- Executing critical projects and processes towards improvement
- Technical advice and guidance within your team
- Instigating performance tuning strategies
- Continuous Improvement
- Project work, implementing new tools/technologies/versions
You will have the experience and capability to mentor internal staff towards shaping and improving this large SQL Server estate.
You must have experience on the technical requirements including:
- Defining and revising SQL Server database, data or operation; ensure that databases are appropriately designed, tested and implemented
- SQL 2008-2014 & 2016
- T-SQL Skills and training/mentoring is really important
- Creating DBA scripts
- Azure experience ideal but not mandatory
- SCOM 2012r2
- System monitoring
- Patching and route cause analysis
DBA Experience is essential:
- SQL Server DBA / Operations
Technical Desirables & Qualifications:
- MS Azure
For a career minded and professional person this role will offer you a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.