Senior BI Developer
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
£45,000pa + Blue-Chip Benefits
Purpose of the role
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for turning our business data into meaningful, accurate and useful information to help the business make sound commercial decisions and plan accurately.
Due to the continued expansion and success of the business, we are recruiting for an additional senior developer to join our busy - but friendly and close-knit - team who possess a wide range of skills and experience between them.
The ideal candidate will be someone with significant experience as a Business Intelligence developer using the Microsoft BI Stack with particular expertise in complex ETL and with SSAS in particular. In addition to this the successful applicant will be someone who relishes a challenge, shows enthusiasm and has a passion for data.
? Microsoft BI Stack specialist
? Expert level t-SQL and SSIS
? Strong SSAS skills
? Strong general SQL server knowledge
? Strong data analysis skills
? Performance tuning of t-SQL, SSIS and SSAS cubes.
? At least 3 years SQL Server data warehousing development experience.
? Solid understanding of data warehouse design principles including Kimball, ODS and Staging.
? Experience working Large volumes of data (Billions of row tables)
? Experience working with Snapshot grain / Semi Additive data
? Working with BI tools - Pyramid would be particularly advantageous
? Experience with SQL Azure
The Senior BI Developer will be responsible for working with the BI team to help the business to achieve its strategic goals. This will include managing business data and building reporting tools to help to meet business requirements.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Working with colleagues across the business to scope and define new business requirements, assisting and guiding with technical specifications where required
• Delivering enhancements to business critical business intelligence solutions
• Producing and maintaining key business reports
• Producing high quality data warehouse solutions using appropriate technologies
• Working with the BI team to deliver projects on time, to a high specification
• Sharing and promoting
• Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
Note: This Role Profile reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the role profile will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
• Attend departmental meetings and represent the department at internal and external meetings.
• Recommend changes to systems and procedures to improve the efficiency of the site operations. Continually review operational practices to ensure best practice is delivered at all times.
• Work in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and to ensure all new systems and data are secure.
Colleagues in the department may have access to material which is confidential or commercially sensitive in some way. It is a condition of their contract of employment that they use great discretion at all times and ensure that no confidential material is leaked from the department to unauthorized members of staff, customers or owners. Should confidentiality be breach this may lead to formal action being taken
Living by our Values of:
• Drive innovation and change
• Earn trust
• Communicate honestly
• Achieve together
• Grow and learn
? Enthusiastic about data, business intelligence and new technology
? Effective team player
? Able to plan, prioritise and organise own workload and work independently to meet deadlines as required
? Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively
? Flexible and adaptable to change
? Excellent eye for detail and a desire to produce results
? Flexible/Adaptable to change
Microsoft BI Stack, t-SQL and SSIS