Surveyor/ Windows and Door Surveyor
Job Title: Surveyor (Windows and Doors)
Reports To: Operations Director
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £35k depending on experience
Position: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12th June 2017
This highly responsible role is to carry out post-order, on-site window surveys for our clients Retail department. The business have over 30 years' experience of window, door and conservatory manufacture and installation. All of our client's windows are made to measure.
Surveys will be in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding counties; surveyors operate from the client's head office, factory and showroom premises in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
The role entails producing: all necessary drawings, accurate dimensions and designs. You will be required to fill out forms required for production, planning and/or building regulations; as well as applying for and obtaining written permission from the relevant local authority for all planning/building regulations approvals (required by each local planning department and/or Building Control department). Surveyors will also be expected to deal with any appeals and conservation/A.N.O.B. or Listed Building issues; ensuring each structure is fully compliant with all legislation.
Other Duties include:
- Undertaking on site window and door surveys in both UPVC and aluminium complete drawn surveys and process survey information of FDS or similar software.
- Providing accurate details of material requirement to complete installations.
- Providing accurate details for fitters to ensure a good understanding of the task is communicated.
- Prioritising and scheduling timely surveys to the requirement of the customers and the urgency of the work required in line with the KPIs set and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Drawing up all surveys in a timely and accurate manager within the KPI's set by the line manager.
- Communicating with customers as necessary and keep accurate records in accordance with the KPIs set and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Provide accurate, regular and timely management information on customer records, and appointments and any other KPIs set and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Meet all the KPIs, targets, deadlines and objectives as set and agreed with the Line Manager.
- Carry out any other duties that may be deemed necessary for the completion of the works by the company and/or the line manager.
Personal Specification (essential):
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and as a part of a team
- A strong customer focus both for internal and external customers
- A positive can do attitude
- Intermediate experience and knowledge of Microsoft office
- Building knowledge
- Knowledge of Building regulations and planning regulations
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with experience of; Window Surveyor, Doors Surveyor, Graduate Surveyor, Manager Surveyor, , Property Surveyors, Property, Management, Property, Building Surveyor, Surveyor, Chartered Surveyor, Commercial Surveyor, Senior Surveyor, Residential Building Surveyor, Senior Surveyor, Experienced Surveyor, MRICS, Property Management, will also be considered for this role.